Saturday 9 February 2013

shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots everybody.

 The song "Shots" could be compared to aggressively slamming your face into brick wall for 4.14 minutes. The song doesn't need versus, all people want is to let the fuck go at the chorus.  Surrounded by the right people and the right amount of alcohol this song makes for some ironic fun. Apart from the song should have no place in our lives/humanity/the universe. Yet yesterday, I found myself discovering the melody of Shots in the spray painting of some dude in Queen Street. At which point, I realised I had two choices....
a) keep on going with my life. Perhaps try and become more socially acceptable.
b) Or go and blog
Obviously I chose the latter. And here I am sitting on Youtube watching (what I would describe) as the genre that is Shots covers. I may as well place my life into a shredder and then burn the remnants.


This particular version actually injects wholesome rainbows into a song which literally is about getting "fucked up". There  is something that I am struggling to eloquently articulate about the use of harmonica/saxophone/tambourine.

To sum up...my name is Kobi, I literally have no life.  Shots?

No comments:

Post a Comment